Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 71: Salmon Burgers, Green Beans & Brussel Sprouts

I made salmon burgers once while I was pregnant with Noah.  They were pretty good, but I think this recipe is better (originally from Rachael Ray, but I didn't follow it exactly, just got a basic idea of where to go).  The spread for the buns reminds me of a vegetable dip.  The burgers are so flavorful, yet no extra salt or pepper is needed!

Salmon Burgers (makes 4 burgers)
1 1/2 lb salmon filet
2 TB onion flakes
1 TB any grill or steak seasoning (I used Tastefully Simple Ultimate Steak Seasoning)
2-3 TB chopped fresh dill
1 TB poppy seeds (optional)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup softened cream cheese
3 chopped scallions
juice of 1 lemon
kaiser or bulkie rolls
lettuce
tomato

Cut the salmon filet into chunks and place in food processor.
Pulse until completely ground.
Mix the ground salmon with the onion flakes, steak seasoning, dill, and poppy seeds.  Form into patties.  You can either grill them on a grill top, skillet, or under the broiler.  I did it under the broiler.  While they are cooking, mix the sour cream, cream cheese, scallion, and lemon juice.  Toast the buns and spread the mix on the buns.  Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, and cooked salmon patties on the buns.
 I served the burgers with green beans and brussel sprouts.  I fried the brussel sprouts with butter and seasoned both vegetables with salt and pepper.  We also had tortilla chips and salsa.


No comments:

Post a Comment