Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 63: Roasted Chicken and LEFTOVERS!

Well folks, we're in recovery mode!  Randy got up with the kids this morning and made his famous creme brulee french toast.  Yum!  He took the kids to church and ran some errands to give me some alone time at home.

For Sunday dinner, we had another roasted chicken, leftover herb-roasted potatoes from last night, and balsamic broccoli.  For the chicken, I bought a "poultry blend" of herbs, and used leftover lemon slices and an onion for flavoring and garnish.  I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and lemon zest, and poured melted butter on the skin.  I also poured chicken broth all around it.

Bake at 400* for about 30 minutes, then drop the temperature down to 300* and bake the rest of the way, basting every 30 minutes or so.

There were a lot of stuffed shells leftover last night, so I took some of them home.  I brought them to my parents and we had supper together with salad, and butternut squash.  It was a day of great eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment