Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 50: Honey-Teryaki Salmon, Sizzlin' Snowpeas, Wild Rice

Well now I really know why I always plan "something simple" on nights when Randy isn't home.  I always assume it would just be too much to do a regular dinner, dishes, baths, and the normal routine by myself, but tonight I got the proof.  Randy went right to his second job today, and tomorrow he has a staff meeting right at dinner time, so that's 2 nights he won't be home for supper.  I didn't want to do 2 nights in a row of cereal, mac & cheese, or take-out: so I decided to be bold and just cook the dinners I had originally planned.  Tonight we had salmon, rice, and snowpeas.

For the salmon:
I made a honey teryaki sauce myself, and poured it over the flesh side of the salmon.  I grilled the salmon on the flesh side first, then flipped it to the skin side.  I finished it in a 350* oven for about 15 minutes.  (It was the thick cut of salmon.)

Honey-Teryaki Sauce

3 TB honey
2 TB soy sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
sprinkle of black pepper
sprinkle of paprika

Whisk ingredients together and pour over salmon before and after cooking.

For the snowpeas:
Rip the ends and strings out of the snowpeas.  Rinse with water.  Melt 2 TB butter in a large skillet and add the snowpeas.  Drizzle soy sauce over the vegetables and cover.  Cook on high about 1-2 minutes.  Don't overcook or the snowpeas will be soggy.
Serve the salmon and snowpeas with wild rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment