Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 72: (Group Power Night) Spaghetti & Meatballs, Guacamole Salad for Lunch Tomorrow!

Tuesday evenings I try to get to the gym for Group Power fitness class.  It's resistance training and is a lot of fun!  Spaghetti and meatballs with salad and bread is a great meal to come home to after working out!  Randy fed the kids, I came home, put them to bed, kissed him goodbye as he left for work, and settled in with dinner, a glass of wine, and my blog. 
Later, I'll do the dishes and make lunches for tomorrow.  Spring is here and the weather is getting nicer this week.  That always "wakes me up" a little and gives me more energy to put the effort into making better lunches.  Salads are great for lunch, but they can get boring fast.  Here's a fun and flavorful salad to add to your mix:

Guacamole Salad
1-2 avocados, diced in large chunks
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 yellow pepper, diced in large chunks
1/4 of a red onion, chopped
salt, pepper
1/2 tsp grated lime zest
juice of 1-2 limes
1/2 tsp minced garlic
olive oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
optional: 1-2 TB minced jalapeno pepper

Mix the vegetables: tomatoes, pepper, onion, jalapeno.  Add the oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne.  Gently fold in the avocado.
I prefer the salad served cold, but it can also be served at room temperature!

No comments:

Post a Comment