Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 54: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Creamy Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy, Roasted Asparagus

Tonight we had the same chicken cordon bleu that I made exactly 1 month ago on Valentine's Day.  And it was still delicious!  This time, instead of asparagus risotto, I paired it with roasted asparagus and creamy mashed potatoes with gravy.

To make the mashed potatoes, I let them cook and then added about 1/2 stick of butter, some heavy cream, loads of salt and pepper, and a little garlic powder.  Then mashed with a hand masher.

For the gravy, I melted 2 TB of butter in a saucepan then added 2 TB of flour.  I cooked it about 1 minute.  Then I added about a cup (I eyeballed it) of chicken stock that I had on hand ('cause I ALWAYS have it on hand--never be caught without it!!!) and brought it up to a boil.  Once boiling, I turned the heat down to a simmer and added about 1/4 cup of heavy cream, salt, and pepper.  It was nice and thick by now and ready to be loaded onto a plate of potatoes!

My husband LOVES gravy, and although I don't make it every time we have mashed potatoes, I am making it more regularly and I know he's grateful! :)  Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment