Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 45: Gooey Oatmeal Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies (NOT our supper!) :)

This afternoon and evening I got to spend some quality time with my children.  Upon arriving home, I emptied the car, shed their coats, got Abby a snack, fed Noah, checked emails, watched "Super Why" on Netflix with Abby, re-armed them with coats, grabbed the diaper bag, headed to the library to return books and a DVD, stopped at Staples, picked up supper, came home and drew all the blinds so that no one would see that I brought home (gasp!) McDonald's.  :)  I'm not going to justify it, so, moving on...

We then had baths!  Our first joint-bath with 2 healthy babes in about 2 weeks!  It felt good to have the fun times back again!  I brought my camera in and went a little crazy.  We had a lot of fun playing and splashing and posing. :)
Abigail
Noah

I put Noah to bed first.  He was exhausted.  Then it was girl time in the kitchen for Abby and me!  I've been wanting to create the perfect recipe for oatmeal spice chocolate chip cookies for a while, (I've even had the ingredients out since before we all got sick) so I decided that tonight was the night.  They came out great!!!  I've tried a few different recipes for oatmeal cookies and chocolate chip cookies before, so I basically took what I knew about the ingredients, and thought about my desired outcome in taste and texture, and voila!  MY perfect oatmeal spice chocolate chip cookie... (with a gooey center!)

Gooey Oatmeal Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars.  Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.  Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture.  Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.  Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes.
Guess she likes them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment