Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 82: Almond Bread, Brownies, Cookies, Sangria

Tonight was my Thirty-One Party and I was serving dessert and sangria!  For dinner, we as a family ordered pizza, but here's the menu of dessert items I served:

1. Homemade Brownies  Follow this link to find the recipe.  They are absolutely decadent!

2. Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Cookies  I wrote this recipe myself.  You can find it (and super cute bathtub pictures of my kids) here!

3.  Scandanavian Almond Bread  (I got this recipe from my grandmother.  It's super easy to throw together when you don't really know what to make and you don't want to have to buy any obscure ingredients.)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsps almond extract
2/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter, melted

Beat the sugar, egg, almond extract, and milk well.  Add the flour and baking powder and mix.  Pour in the melted butter and MIX WELL.  Pour into a prepared almond bread pan (butter & floured) and bake at 350* for 40-50 minutes.  Cool completely in pan before turning out.  Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

So I don't have a pic of the sangria, but we also had fruit salad!
4. Homemade White Sangria  (I borrowed this recipe from my Aunt Cheryl, though I added a bit more peachtree schnapps than she did!) :)
1 1500 ml bottle of chardonnay
1 cup peachtree schnapps (I used a little more)
1 can frozen lemonade
1 liter gingerale
1 liter club soda
frozen raspberries & peaches

Combine all ingredients and let the frozen fruit and lemonade serve as the "ice" until melted.  This went quick--it's delicious!
Fluorescent flowers make me think of summer and they match my straws nicely!  Great spread, great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment