Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 92: Honey Teryaki Salmon (the easy 1), Green Beans, Brown Wild Rice

On Day 50 I made a honey-teryaki salmon with a homemade sauce.  Tonight, I got a little help from Tastefully Simple.  They make a honey-teryaki sauce.  It comes in a jar.  So simple!  So tasty!  Tonight I just spread that on my salmon and grilled it in a pan with grill-lines.  I then finished it off in the oven.  Remember, salmon is to be cooked 90/10.  That's 90% on the skin-side, and 10% of the cooking time on the flesh side.  So I start on the flesh side to get those nice grill marks on the fish.  Once they're there, I turn the salmon to the skin side and finish it in a 350* oven.

First night this year with fresh green beans!!!  I so look forward to fresh vegetable season.  My favorite way to make summer vegetables is to saute them with a bit of butter in a fry pan with the lid on and season with salt and pepper.  That's exactly what I did with the fresh green beans after I cut the ends off and washed them.

I served the salmon and green beans with Zataran's brown wild rice.  Brown rice takes much longer to cook than white rice, about double the time.  But it's healthier and, in my opinion, better-tasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment