Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 39: 5 Tips for Taco Night

Noah had his 9-month check-up this afternoon, both kids have had pink-eye this week, and I had lifegroup tonight.  Taco night!!!  Fast, easy, and fun!  Auntie Christy and Uncle Eric both came over to hang with the kiddos, and of course, I always want family over for food!  So we all piled our plates high and enjoyed!  Here's how we do taco night, how about you?

1. I don't waste my money (I know, only $0.79) on those taco seasoning packets.  I have plenty of "taco" seasoning in my pantry!  Mix some spices (cumin, paprika, chili powder, etc), sprinkle on the beef.  Add some beef broth for extra juiciness.

2. Randy makes these great cheesy taco shells: he sprinkles cheese on the soft taco and microwaves it.  Then folds it around the hard taco shell.  It may not be an original idea (Taco Bell, anyone?) but it is sooo good!  I make him do it every time!

3.  Serve Spanish rice.  Whether it's a side dish to the taco, or put in the taco itself, it's a great additive!

4. We love avocado, and it's so good for you!  Everyone gets a little plate with cubed avocado.  Drizzle Italian dressing over it and it's very yummy and easier than guacamole!

5.  Cholula Hot Sauce is THE BEST HOT SAUCE. Get some. Try it. You'll see. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment