Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 19: Salad 2 Ways

I'll admit it.  I'm including this lunch meal simply because I needed SOMETHING to blog about today.  For dinner tonight, my cousin, Jenna, and I went out for tapas to catch up and talk about our experiences in Spain!  I meant to bring my camera so I could take some photos of some inspiring tapas.  My "food that inspires me" page will hopefully be started this weekend, and I plan to build on it as I take this journey.  I definitely see an at-home tapas night in our future this year.  Maybe including some ham & cheese croquetas, (of course, Bocados doesn't make those anymore :/ ) Spanish risotto, or mozzarella rice balls?  We'll see!

For lunch today, I felt like salad.  But to make it interesting, I prepared 2 salads: a caprese salad, and a salad with ham, cheese, walnuts, and golden raisins with a pita pocket.  Caprese salad is one of our favorite classics.  If you've never tried it, you must!  Fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh tomato, and fresh basil.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.  Yum!

Enjoy salads for lunch mid-day, make room for delicious dinner at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment