Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 25: Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas, Spanish Rice, Avocado in Italian Dressing


I've always loved quesadillas!  In fact, I think Mexican food is probably my favorite ethnicity of food (or at least at the top of the "favorites" list!).  And I love the Chili's bacon ranch chicken quesadillas, so I started serving them at home!  We've actually started to prefer using ranch dressing as a dip for quesadillas all the time.

To make the quesadillas:
Stick bacon slices in the oven at 400* on a broiler pan.  When the bacon is done, crumble it onto a plate.
Cut up 1-2 chicken breasts into bite size pieces.  (Tonight I actually used chicken breasts with the bone-in, skin-on, so I seasoned them, baked them, then shredded them.  Either way is fine.)
Before cooking, season chicken with salt, pepper, and ground cumin.  Cook through.
Lay out the flour tortillas and sprinkle half with shredded Mexican cheese, the chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing, if desired.  Fold the tortilla in half.  Repeat with as many tortillas as you want.  Bake at 400* until the cheese melts.  You can stick them under the broiler, too, for a nice crisp on the tortilla.
Serve with Spanish rice and avocado.  (*We like to cut up the avocado and drizzle with Italian dressing--it really livens it up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment