Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 120: Bacon Ranch Chicken Sandwiches

So, if you're keeping track, you may know that Day 120 was actually Monday.  Yep, almost a week ago!  I have been totally M.I.A. and lagging on my post upkeep, sorry.  When doing a "daily" challenge like this, it's hard to not let life get in the way.  I didn't know that this blog would take off and become a "business" website of sorts for the time being.  In fact, I didn't even know I would be going into the catering business when I started this blog!  But now I have big plans for it and other things related to the business, food, and blogging.  All of this will unfold (probably slowly) in the future.  So with 2 catering jobs this past week (and all of my business cards are now GONE!), Noah's 1st birthday party to prepare for, and daily life, I have a bit of catching up to do.  Unfortunately, the only new recipe I have to share from dinners this past week was from Monday, so I'll start there.  Stay tuned for more posts about other recipes I prepared for the catering jobs and our cook-out (and Noah's cake)!

Bacon Ranch Chicken Sandwiches (4 sandwiches)
I would say the inspiration for these came from Wendy's, probably. I've mentioned before how I like to re-create some fast food fixings at home--better health, better taste, better cost. ;)  So here's how I do it...

1. Pound out 2 chicken breasts so they are thin and can be cut in half.  Sprinkle each with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp of ranch seasoning on both sides.  Grill chicken on the stovetop or grill.

2. Meanwhile, cook 4-8 slices of bacon in a 400* oven.

3. Slice 4 kaiser or bulkie rolls in half and spread with butter. Sprinkle the remaining ranch seasoning from the packet on the buns.  When the bacon is done cooking,  turn the broiler on and toast the buns under the broiler.

4. Slice a tomato and tear some lettuce so they are ready for toppings.  When the chicken is just about done cooking, place a slice of cheese on each piece of chicken just so it melts a little.

5. To assemble the sandwiches, place the bacon on the bottom bun and top with the chicken & cheese, lettuce, tomato, and drizzle with barbecue sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment