Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 106: Caprese Paninis

I do realize that this is the second post in 3 days with a "caprese" theme.  I like to reuse ingredients to help save time and money.  Tonight Randy and I both had meetings so dinner was leftover New York Deli Mac & Cheese from last night.  But for lunch, I made paninis in advance.  I didn't feel like making pesto for my usual panini since I had weekend full of bread-making and cleaning the house!  So instead, I drizzled balsamic vinegar on the bread and then layered tomato, mozzarella cheese, and basil in between slices.
I then grilled the sandwich and used a cast-iron skillet covered in foil to add weight to the sandwiches so they would flatten.
This is one of those lunches that I can't wait for while I'm at work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment