Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 102: Grilled Salmon Salad & Rice

I seem to be going heavy on the salads lately, but I guess I am trying to eat "lighter" as summer is around the corner. ;) This salad was really good!  I served it just as a salmon salad next to wild rice and I served peas with it.  But the bonus is that tomorrow at lunch, I can put the salmon salad over a bed of lettuce and add some dried cranberries and it becomes a whole new salad!  If you like salmon, try this--you'll love it!  Here's my recipe for just under 1 lb of salmon:

Salmon Salad
1 lb (or less) salmon filet
1 stalk of celery, chopped
2 TB red onion, chopped
1 TB fresh dill, minced
1-2 TB raspberry wine vinegar (few drizzles around the bowl--it comes out fast!)
1 TB olive oil
salt, pepper to taste

Grill or bake the salmon as you normally would.  Then refrigerate until cold and firm (I was short on time so I stuck the salmon in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.)  Once out of the refrigerator, pull off any skin left, and then break apart the salmon and place in a bowl.  Add the celery, onion, and dill.  Drizzle in the vinegar and oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.  Mix well.  Serve refrigerated or at room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment