Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 187: West Coast Pizza & Watermelon Margaritas

Remember that West Coast pizza I made back in May as a tribute to our trip to California in April?  I made it again tonight and it was still as fabulous as I remembered it!  You have to try this pizza... it will change your life!  To go with it, I came up with this recipe for a watermelon margarita.  It is so tantalizing on the tongue! ;)
Watermelon Margarita
Now, I find that margarita measurements are very subjective and have a lot to do with personal preference, so feel free to change this recipe according to your taste.  As should be clear by my own classic margarita recipe, I prefer a "sour" margarita where you can really taste the tequila and it makes you pucker your lips just a little.  I like my margarita on the rocks with salt on the rim.  I'm not a huge fan of the sweet margaritas, although they do have their place.  Watermelon is pretty sweet, so I add a little more tequila to help balance the flavor.  You can certainly add more watermelon if you want a sweeter drink.  In keep with my "on the rocks" theme, I strain the watermelon as well.  But if you want to skip that step, you could always just add ice and pour everything in the blender and make it a slushy!  I do use sugar on the rims in this recipe, though, it just seems to make more sense...

1 oz triple sec
2 oz lime juice
4 oz tequila
5 oz watermelon juice (half a slice)
sugar for the rim
ice

Use a lime or lemon wedge to run around the rim of a glass and then dip in sugar.  Put a few ice cubes in the glass.  Cube about half a slice of watermelon and stick it in the blender to puree to juice form.  It should measure about 5 oz.  Add the watermelon juice back to the blender with the triple sec, lime juice, and tequila.  Blend for 1 minute.  Strain into a shaker filled with ice.  Shake.  Pour into prepared glass.  Enjoy!

Yesterday was Day 186 and Randy had a Daddy/Daughter date with Abby.  My friend, Amanda, came over with her son as her husband and daughter went on a date as well.  The best part was when her husband picked up her son and my kids went to bed.  The mommies had their own date with food from Buffalo Wild Wings and ice cream! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment