Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 9: Parmesan-Crusted Chicken, Asparagus, Rice

I love nights when I don't have to follow a recipe.  I got this idea for chicken from a commercial a while ago and it looked good, so I tried it one night. The family loved it!  Sometimes I make it with just mayonnaise and parmesan cheese, sometimes I add breadcrumbs, and sometimes I add fried onions, like tonight.  So easy and scrumptious!  I also love roasted asparagus--this is 1 out of 3 ways I make asparagus (roasting it).  I happened to have leftover prosciutto from last night's dinner, so I wrapped the asparagus in it--first time I've done that.  I served a box rice on the side.  Here's the basic recipe for tonight's dinner:

Chicken
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  Spread mayonnaise on both sides of the breasts.  Then roll the chicken in a mixture of crushed fried onions and grated parmesan cheese.  Bake at 400* for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.

Asparagus
Wash the asparagus and cut the ends off.  Wrap bunches or single stems in prosciutto.  Lay on a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.  Lightly season with salt and pepper.  Bake at 400* for 5-10 minutes to desired tenderness.  Garnish with lemon juice.

In the words of my darling daughter, Abigail (who eats everything we do), "Mmm, it's yummy!  Thanks, Mommy!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment