Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 12: "Breakfast" Burgers

It's Friday!  That means we get to pretend we're eating out. (See post from Day 5.) Tonight, Red Robin.  We love a good burger.  I love making burgers because you can really do it different every time, and as long as you have the basics to a good burger down, it'll always taste great!  I had never had a fried egg on a burger until we ate at Red Robin.  We've been there quite a few times, and I always wish I could order at least 5 burgers or sandwiches--I can't nail down a favorite!  But I did love the burger with the fried egg on top.  That's what I "re-created" tonight, with bacon, too!  Our burgers consisted of the patty, egg, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and barbeque sauce.  Yum!  Served with fries and a salad.

 Here are some basics I think make an excellent burger patty:

- good meat (80/20--gotta have a little fat!)
- mayonnaise or sour cream (keeps it juicy even if you overcook a tad, and can cool the senses if you like your meat spicy like we do)
- seasoning!  Change it up--I play around with onion flakes, garlic powder, dried oregano, hot sauce, chipotle chili powder, and paprika.  I don't always use them all, and I love to mix and match--whatever I feel like.  However, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes are a MUST--they are in all my burgers.
- good cheese
- hearty bun (grilled with butter always adds a little extra!)

Go ahead, make it a "fast-food" night in!


No comments:

Post a Comment