Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 319: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Because my week was so busy, I didn't have time menu plan and grocery shop as I normally would.  And we've had some pretty "heavy" meals the past few nights, so I wasn't surprised when I asked Randy what he wanted for dinner and he said "Caesar salad."  But Randy knows he can request just about any meal we've ever tried and I'll make it.  So when he requests Caesar salad, it's not going to be just any Caesar salad. 
I've posted my Caesar dressing recipe before on this blog, but here it is again!  So to put together this salad, I started by grilling some chicken on my grill pan.  Then I began the dressing:
I started with 2 minced garlic cloves, some Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and a freshly juiced lemon in my salad bowl.
Whisk until smooth.
Add a good amount of mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
 
Then, I grilled the Romaine lettuce.
Combine the lettuce, chicken, and sprinkle with parmesan shavings.  Toss in the bowl with the dressing.  That's a good-looking salad!
 
It's no secret that I like to have an appetizer or some food on the table when Randy comes home from work for him.  Here's a simple idea that takes literally no time and is absolutely fun and delicious for that "grown-up time" we have for a few minutes when he first comes home.  Then, he's off to play with the kids while I finish fixing supper...
In a small bowl, combine some parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.  Pour in some olive oil for a nice dip.  Tear up some crusty bread and place on a plate.  Serve with red wine. ;)

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment