Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 318: Turkey Pot Pie (3rd & Final Day of Thanksgiving Leftovers!)

I've said before how I like to have little appetizers ready for Randy when he comes home from work, especially if dinner (like turkey pot pie) is still in the oven.  These crab cakes aren't exactly "little" appetizers, but I had made them the day before so Randy and I were both craving them!  It's nice to have something special for or before dinner to make a weeknight feel like a weekend!

For our final day of having turkey leftovers, since turkey was the only thing still left over, it made sense to make my turkey pot pie with herb crust.  Follow the link to the original recipe.  It's worth it, trust me!  Of course, since I was using leftover turkey, I skipped the steps about cooking the turkey breasts, I simply boiled the carrots for a few minutes, then place the shredded leftover turkey, cooked carrots, and peas in my pie plate.  I then followed the steps to make the thick broth and poured it over the meat and vegetables.  I followed the same recipe for the crust and baking.  It was delicious!
Leftover crust... this would be Randy's favorite part.  If I had more time, I'd turn it into something, but the day just didn't hand me enough hours. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment