Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 233: No-Bake Cookies

I had a meeting today with 2 lovely catering clients for an anniversary party they're throwing in October.  We met at my house while my children took naps and, being the food person that I am, I wanted to serve a little something.  Since I don't have a stove or oven right now, I decided to make no-bake cookies and use the side burner on our grill to boil the ingredients.  The recipe came right from the Food Network and couldn't be easier! (Hey, I made it by bringing all of the ingredients out to the grill--you can totally do this in the comfort of your own kitchen!)

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No-Bake Cookies
2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
4 TB cocoa powder
3 cups oats
1 cup peanut-butter
1 TB vanilla

In a saucepan, bring the sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa powder to a boil.
Next, add the oats, peanut-butter, and vanilla.
Drop a teaspoon of the mixture onto a sheet with wax paper.  
Let cool (fridge or freezer is fine) until thick and somewhat hardened.  (The cookies will not be as hard as regular cookies--they will always remain a little sticky.  I like to store them in the refrigerator to help maintain some structure.)

By the way, our bathroom is now complete!  If you missed my facebook update, here are the before and after pictures...
"Before"--ugly linoleum floors, out-dated door and cabinet hardware, and horrible pull-chain light bulbs above the mirror.
"After"--new floor, new paint, new hardware, new light fixture!

No comments:

Post a Comment