Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 218: Grilled Vegetable Tostadas (Meatless Monday)

In keeping with my meal calendar that I prepared a few weeks ago, one of my goals is to have a continual "Meatless Monday."  My reasons are because 1) it adds variety to the week's meals; 2) I can save a little on the grocery bill by not having to buy meat for every night of the week; and 3) it pushes my creativity in the kitchen.  This week we're having every meal prepared on the grill--Randy's early Christmas present.  So I came up with this grilled vegetable tostada idea.  I love it because you can really use whatever vegetables you like and you can make it in the winter too, if you roast the veggies in the oven rather than grilling them. 
I had Randy grill up some zucchini, summer squash, red pepper, and eggplant.  He also grilled the corn tortillas, as well.  He drizzled the veggies with olive oil as he grilled and then I seasoned everything with salt, pepper, and a few other southwestern seasonings when they were cooked and I could cut them into smaller pieces. 
We then took the tortillas and piled them high with the grilled vegetables, some cheddar jack cheese, and a dollop of sour cream.  They were so yummy!!!  Serve along with chips and salsa if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment